At Logos we hope the learning experience will incorporate:
- Acquiring, combining and applying knowledge
- Encouraging independent thinking and expression
- Nurturing creativity
- Building self-awareness, self esteem and confidence
- Promoting team effort, community and service
- Practicing time management and developing management skills
- Respecting authority and promoting leadership
- Encouraging team work and social integration
A child’s educational and personal development depends to a great extent on the early years of schooling. As such, the emphasis is placed on developing skills and competency in the core subjects: English language, Mathematics, Environmental Studies/Science, Religion, History, Sinhala/ Tamil, according to the guidelines provided by the Ministry of Education. Special emphasis will be on subjects such as English and Mathematics. Students are exposed to Information Technology from Grade two.
In addition, the curriculum includes:
- Physical and Health Education
- General Knowledge
- Music and Singing
- Speech and Drama
- Sports and other extra curricular activities
Students are prepared for the General Certificate in Education, Ordinary Level (Grade XI) and the General Certificate in Education, Advanced Level (Grade XIII) examinations of the Ministry of Education of the Government of Sri Lanka as well as the equilavent Cambridge Examinations. The curriculum encompasses the requirements of the Ministry of Education of the Government of Sri Lanka, and is supplemented by courses, and learning opportunities developed by the school and also conforms to the requirements recommended by the official Cambridge educational establishment in Sri Lanka.
School Times are as follows unless specified through circulars by the school authorities. Logos College follows a trimester system of education in keeping with the schedule recommended by the Ministry of Education of Sri Lanka.
Grade 1 and 2
8.00 am -12.30 pm
Grade 3 upwards
8.00 am -2.00 pm